Accounting Administrator, Part-Time
We are a small US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded in 2014 with the goal of making security tools easier to use. We believed – and still do – that security doesn’t have to be confusing to end users. We’ve contributed design to a variety of tools that enhance security, such as Tails to I2P to NoScript. We’ve held salons and a residency around designing for security. But we’ve done a lot more than usable security. Just in the last year, we’ve launched a decentralization pattern library; a report on trust and transparency in nonprofit funding; a campaign to save internet freedom tech; a community around human rights centered design; a series of videos about trust and responsibility in design; and much, much more.
Simply Secure is seeking a part-time virtual Accounting Administrator (US only) to help process financial needs and reporting. Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, the ideal candidate has financial expertise working in an office environment (in person or virtual), preferably in the non-profit sector. They are very adept at using web-based applications to work with a remote team both in the US and in Europe, and can help us manage our finances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process monthly hours, receipts, and expense claims.
- Prepare invoices, manage AR flow, and update records in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with third-party bookkeeping provider to ensure efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Support financial reporting for grants and other necessary contracts.
- Support management of company assets and financial expenditures.
- Adhere to best practices in accounting, as outlined by industry experts and espoused by the company.
- Filing and documentation of bills, invoices and expense reports.
- Experience with Quickbooks and accounts administration.
- Experience with multi-currency transactions and processes.
- Knowledge of payment platforms (e.g. Bill.com, Divvy, Wise).
- Advanced knowledge of Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Calendar and Google Meet).
- Familiarity with time tracking platforms (e.g. Harvest).
- Experience working with non-profit entities is a plus, but not required.
This is a part time position. Salary commensurate with experience. While the contractor may set their own hours, we do expect some overlap with members of the Operations team for meetings, etc. Core work hours are between 8-5pm ET.
To be considered for this position, we ask that you submit a resumé, along with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until this position is filled.
We believe that systemic bad behaviors disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities. We are open to candidates from around the world. Final hiring decisions will be contingent upon our ability to contract and pay in the candidate’s country. Simply Secure does not provide relocation or visa support.