Help when you need it
We’re here to help you get unstuck on your design challenge, over the barriers to adoption, support in centering the most vulnerable users by helping you with human-centered design in you software development practice or organizational processes.
UX design isn't just a "nice to have," even in resource-strapped contexts like human rights advocacy and open-source software. Making sure that people can actually use the tools you're developing is a crucial part of making an impact. We can help. Our team of seasoned designers has experience in nonprofit, corporate, and academic contexts, and we can help you and your team work through the thorniest design issues. We specialize in tools around privacy, security, decentralization, transparency, data visualization, and civic tech. We envision a world in which tools used by vulnerable communities have users centered in their design process. Secure tools can't have impact if no one is using them, and security and privacy should not be a privilege.
A multi-lingual team of experts with over 50 years of experience in design, facilitation, and research. We’re here to help you get unstuck on your design challenge, over the barriers to adoption, support in centering the most vulnerable users by helping you with human-centered design in you software development practice or organizational processes.
What you get
- Experts in human-centered UX as you need them
- Support with solutions to problems without having to hire more staff
- An approach that centers the most vulnerable needs
- An inclusive, internation, and security and privacy focused perspective
Building your knowledge, strengthening your team
Our goal isn't just to solve your UX problems – we want to help you and your team gain the skills you need. To that end, we build, curate, and recommend resources to delve deeper into issues themselves. We've written articles ourselves, such as Don't Let Color Drown Out Your Message and the Illustrated Quick-Start Guide to Wireframing from our Knowledge Base. We've also put together a Starter Pack of templates specifically geared towards open-source software.
For teams that want to hire a professional designer, Simply Secure can help scope a creative brief and help structure projects for success integrating design and research into technical teams. Learn more about contracting creatives and how to organize your team for success.
We also provide peer support and discussion through our community building activities.
Developers sketching wireframes of analogous websites during a hands-on user experience guidance session.
What can we help with
- Project scoping and planning
- Information architecture, navigation, and overall organization
- Wireframes and screen flow
- Onboarding experience
- Dealing with documentation
- Identifying user needs
- Getting usability feedback
- Visual design, identity, and branding
- Creating a style guide
- Icons, colors, and visual language
- Writing for in-app copy, app store descriptions, and websites
- Service design, including multi-factor authentication
- In addition to general UX guidance, we also offer a specialized Usable Security Review
- Even if you don't quite know what you need, we can help you figure it out!
What to bring to your coaching
- A physical notebook and pen
- A computer
- As many team members as you wish
- Any demos, mock-ups, or sketches you may have
- A list of challenges or blocks
- A list of questions and goals
- Georgia Bullen
- Eileen Wagner
- Ame Elliott
- Lisa Steingräber
- Karissa McKelvey
- Cade Diehm
- Bernard Tyers
- Nina Alter
Interested in coaching with us? Reach out.